19 Jan Smoked Sausage Skillet
Smoked Sausage Skillet
Featuring Carolina Pride smoked sausage, this skillet dish is filled with herbs, beans and apple chunks for a great fall/winter meal.
Spread the Word
- 1 lb. Carolina Pride™ Pork Smoked Sausage
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 3/4 tsp. dried sage
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 (15 oz.) can great northern beans, drained
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 T. tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
In large heavy skillet, sauté onion and garlic in oil over medium-high heat; stir in apple, herbs, tomatoes, beans, broth and tomato paste. Stir to blend well. Add sausage. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 20-30 minutes until thoroughly heated. Serve topped with croutons and chopped parsley.
Contact Carolina Pride
We Want to Hear from You!
Have a question or comment? Trying to reach one of our team members about a business issue?
Click on the link below to connect with our team.