Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pkg. (1 lb.) Carolina Pride Smoked Sausage
- 1½ cups penne pasta
- 1½ cups water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp. Cajun/creole seasoning
- ½ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
1. Slice sausage in ¼-inch slices.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown sausage well. Remove from pan; set aside.
3. Return pan to heat and deglaze pan with the 1½ cups water. Add the pasta. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Cook until water is absorbed by pasta (about 8 minutes).
4. Add the cream, peas, Parmesan and Cajun seasoning to the pan; stir well. Add the browned sausage back to the pan; heat through.
5. Top with sliced green onion and grape tomatoes. Serve immediately.
6. Serves 2-4, depending on appetite and accompanying dishes.
This recipe can use the following product(s):